Tuesday, February 14, 2012

So, I had to get a new hair style?

Amdd suggested that Tracy's hair looks like a mullet, and since we had the same hairstyle (low-pigtails), I supposed it was time to update the avatar. I am surprised it somewhat looks like me now.





Any-who, if you had to move to the other side of your respected country for career reasons, would being close to a NHL team be a deciding factor for you?





The reason I am asking is I may be moving soon (in about a year), and I have choices of Oregon, Washington, BC, Yukon, and Alaska.So, I had to get a new hair style?
If you're moving from Florida, and you've been there for a while, as in long enough to have gotten acclimatized to the weather, you will hate the Yukon and Alaska after you lose the initial appreciation for the scenery. Being used to the Florida Air Force would come in handy, though. BC is absolutely beautiful, has an NHL team, and a lot of natural distractions. The Vancouver area is cultural phenomenon that some people may find a hindrance while others might enjoy it. Expensive though. Washington has some really nice places, like Steven's Pass from Everett to Wenatchee and the apple district. I absolutely hate the traffic along I-5 through Seattle, never seems to have any fluidity. Now Oregon. If I was moving from Florida, Oregon would be the spot. Cost of living is not outrageous, scenery is great and fishing is unreal if you like huge salmon. Klackamus Falls area is breathtaking. Weather is great for a western mountain area. People there seem unpretentious. Only thing missing is the NHL. Doesn't look like there are many hockey fans.So, I had to get a new hair style?
Nope. Once a Wings fan always a Wings fan. I can live in Ottowa and still be a Wings fan. Never, ever will that change.
Well Haley, as your assistant I'd have to say...LOL. Kidding.


I'm already in a situation like your question is addressing. I have lived in downtown Chicago, about 4 blocks from the United Center for a little over 20 years. My company's HQ is in DC. They have asked me to take a position there a few times. I know you have to do what is responsible and best for your family but right now I have no kids to look after so I guess it may be somewhat of a factor until I have a family. Then priorities must change.
It would cross my mind. Living situation and career would win out in the end though. I lived all over the country due to my career and I have remained a devout Eagles and Flyers fan.
accually i did the opposite i move farther from my favorite nhl team. was in pittburgh last year all of 6 hours drive to det and now in anchorage ak all of a 15 hour flight haha come to alaska land of the midnight sun, home of combat fishing. and where u can play hockey just like its ment to be on a lake. serious what part of ak could give u some advice on rather or not its worth it, ie not in anchorage huge cultural shock. dont forget we dont have traffic jams and get to use the excuse im later for ..... cause a moose is outside my front door.








cme i left anchorage ak in march to go to ft myers fl i drove through a white out over the pass to haines to get on the ferry by the time i made it to fl a cold front followed me across the U S and had it a chilly 60 degrees in florida. needless to say i was only one in shorts and sweating, never got used to it and never tire of the scenery up here. and i think i know what pass u are talking about in washington isnt there a year round ski place around there and 5 miles later a white water rafting place.
I've seriously considered moving just so I could at least get all the televised games. (Yes, I have issues) No career reasons involved, I just look for reasons to move there. Then I'd probably spend my paychecks trying to get tickets for the game. So, to answer your question I think it would be a deciding factor for me. Personally, I'd go to B.C.





Kudos to you for contributing to Locks of Love.





If there was a ';HA';, I'd be there in a straight jacket.
1. I am so sorry! I never meant to insinuate you even remotely resembled that bag of hammers, you can wear the pigtails!





2. You have no idea how many times I've pondered this. If I ever convince the SO to move to Sarasota, I'll be taking ym life in my hands wearing a Sabres jersey in Lightning territory. However, if I got suckered into watching da foosball, I can watch the Bills lose to the Buccs anyday. That gets me some amnesty, right? I admit, I would really miss the hype and chaos that arises here during Hockey season.
Actually, I've been planning a move from Toronto to Edmonton for quite a while now (life complications is what's holding me back). I've decided that I will continue cheer for the Leafs and stay the hell out of the Oilers/Flames rivalry. I expect Calgarians and Edmontonians to do the same when they move to Toronto. lol (Why they would move to this cesspool, I don't know...)
Having actually done that back in 1993 going from NYC to Las Vegas, I must admit that it wasn't. I didn't have a choice like you do, and I had to give up my Islanders season tickets in the exchange. Sometimes other things have to become more important in life by necessity. If you can manage to work it out, that's a great bonus!!
I'm sure there are good hockey leagues in those areas too.You can also follow the NHL anywhere you go.
  • pores
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment