Tuesday, January 31, 2012

New mommies, New hair style?

My hair grew like crazy when I was pregnant and it is now about 3 inches below my arm pits (gets caught there some times...yuck!). I used to dye it blonde, but stopped when I got pregnant .I know you can dye your hair when pregnant, I just never did much since I stopped working, so I just left it alone after my first attempt to dye it brown. Now it has been about 6 months and the new growth is a nice and healthy/shiny light brown/dark blonde compared to the flat/brassy blonde towards the bottom. The texture of the new hair is silky and smooth (and straight), while the rest of the hair is brittle and dry (and weird curly). I would say that the roots are about 6 inches long or so.





So, I know the only way to get rid of the brittle stuff is to cut it off, but I don't want to lose the length. I also don't want the upkeep of blonde, although I really like the color compared to brown. The last time I tried to dye it brown on my own, it had a tinge of green to it. Also, my normal routine is to wash it maybe 2 times a week (with a conditioner afterward) and the rest of the days, just a conditioner (it feels so dry). I use a curl lotion or a shine/defrizz serum on most days, and sometimes straighten it...which for some reason, I can NEVER get the back completely straight. I have flat brushes, round brushes, small straighteners, and large ones....grrr.





Alright...my question is, what is a good cut that is easily maintained (I have a baby and am a full time college student:I don't have alot of time for styling). AND what color would be suitable without being really boring? I am really thinking about just chopping it off, but anyone I talk to says that's a no no! LOL





Thanks to anyone that has a suggestion...I'm struggling here!New mommies, New hair style?
get a champagne blond semi permanent from Loreole as far as the ends ur right cut it off maybe blunt just above ur shoulders.. then afew long layers try it you never know!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment